SUSTAINABLE PURCHASING CONSULTING
All waste materials begin as “new” products. To be able to reduce waste, it’s important to think about what materials we are buying and to collaborate with manufacturers on programs to reduce waste and increase the diversion rate from landfills and incinerators. For example, when buying a recycled content product, you promote the entire recycling supply chain. When consumers work with manufacturers, both can save money on waste reduction solutions. Commercial and institutional solid waste accounts for roughly 35% to 45% of the total municipal solid waste generated in the U.S., but we can change that!
- PBT Source Reduction – Mercury
- Ongoing Purchasing - the 5 most purchased product categories based on total annual purchases.
- Sustainable purchasing education for customers, building occupants and employees.
- Supply chain environmental criteria and Reverse Logistics.
- Sustainable Purchasing:
- Building Products and Materials
- Green Cleaning Products